01 June 2009

Nothing says "I love you" like cheap food

With the folks in town, seems like I've been running around the kitchen like crazy. It's not that cooking for two extra people is much more work. It's more like I've got so much running through my brain that I could easily get sidetracked making a bowl of cold cereal.

That said, after we'd grilled flank steak, tested a delicious pasta recipe, had a burger night and visited Nathan's farm for some outstanding grilled salmon, my creative cooking well was in need of a stiff drink. That's when I decided on carnitas tacos.


Nothing says "I love you" like great, cheap food. We sat down at the picnic table in the back yard and ate with our hands. It's an unpretentious meal but not soon forgotten.

A while back I discovered this fabulous recipe. After you're done noticing how much more fabulous this blog is than mine, read the recipe. Then go make it. Pork, orange juice, salt and water never tasted so good.

2 comments:

The Blue Suitcase said...

This is one of my FAVORITE meals to make! Thank you for the reminder! xo

Christiane said...

When my father was visiting from Germany we hit Garden State, Pok Pok and other Portland culinary must sees. His favorite meal? Homemade pork carnitas and fresh tortillas from the Tortilleria on Grand. Smart man.